Balance is a two-way street.
Balance is a two-way street.
By Ollie.
Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve posted on here. It
has been an interesting past couple of weeks, and I have been doing a lot of
self-searching. More specifically, I’ve been trying to improve my social life,
by meeting more new people and go on more dates. It seems like I’ve managed to
gain some momentum, and now I am regularly meeting up with new friends.
One way that I have been doing so, is by chatting to guys on
bumble and then meeting up in town, normally playing a couple rounds of pool
and having a drink or two. This has led to me meeting a bunch of friendly
people in the area who are also trying to improve their social lives. I’ve been
finding it to be quite a wholesome experience, especially with straight men, as
it just goes to show, you’re never too old to put yourself out there.
I’ve also started going to a Spanish intercambio every
Wednesday, just like I used to do when I was living in Spain. Which has been a
great way to practice my Spanish and meet new people. At first, I was very shy
to go and try something new. But again, I found the experience to be very cute,
as there are also a bunch of others wanting to do the same.
Finally, I’ve been going on more dates, and broadening my
sexual horizons shall we say. Which is the most out of my comfort zone practice
to date. Typically, I’m quite a shy and introverted person, but it has been
nice to experiment with some local guys and explore new territory.
I think what I have learned about myself through this
journey, is that I am quite a confident, social and outgoing person. As I have
continued to surprise myself and meet up with new people. Whilst it can be scary
to put yourself out there both socially and romantically, the pay off, can be
huge. And I would encourage my readers, to take a chance, and see what is out
there.
The only negative outcome, which I have found, is trying to
find balance, when your social commitments become too many to handle. And through
speaking with my therapist, I have come to realise that it is ok to say no, and
to give yourself a break. Not only is this a better solution for yourself, to
preserve energy and recuperate. But also, it is fairer on the other party, as
you will be giving them your all, later down the line.
Balance is something which I personally struggle with. Especially
as a type- A planner and perfectionist. But it is necessary, to live a full
life. The solution is simple. Listen to your body, and to your mind. If you feel
fatigued and antisocial, then chances are that you are! Don’t try to force a
smile or a conversation if the pay off is not just.
Sometimes, the key is a nice warm cup of tea, and a night on
the couch, with a comfort movie and your phone off.
Comments
Post a Comment